Bald eagle fine art print
This bald eagle fine art print has been a drawing I have been greatly anticipating. I love to watch bald eagles because they are incredible birds. There is a pair of bald eagles that used to nest down my road, as such I developed a fascination for these birds. Because of this, I knew I would have to draw one despite being unnerved about their complexity! This is the second bald eagle I have attempted. The first was never finished, unfortunately. For this reason, I wanted to make absolutely sure this drawing would be finished.
Finally, I love this bald eagle fine art print, and I have to be honest its one of my best works. I hope you love it too.
Here are some interesting bald eagle facts!
- Because bald eagles have a weak call, their calls are often dubbed in Hollywood with the call of a red-tailed hawk.
- Bald eagles belong to a scientific grouping of eagles known as sea-eagles or fish eagles.
- Bald eagles are North American birds. Their range extends from the Mexico border through the United States and Canada. They are extremely populous in Alaska!
- These eagles are usually found near water, on coastlines, lakes, rivers, swamps, and marshes.
- Lifespan is around 20 years in the wild, with the oldest confirmed one having been 38 years of age. However, a captive individual in New York lived for nearly 50 years.
- Bald eagle’s wingspan ranges from 1.8 to 2.3 meters (5.9 and 7.5 feet).
- Surprisingly females are about 25% larger than males.
- The name comes from an old English word, “balde,” meaning white.
- Bald eagles can see 4 to 7 times better than humans!
If you love this bald eagle fine art print you may also like this other gorgeous North American bird!
Follow my artwork on your favourite social media!
There are no reviews yet.