Cheetah FINE ART PRINT
My cheetah fine art print has been a long time coming. I absolutely adore cheetahs, and my mother is also extremely partial too. They are her favourite animal. I think we can agree cheetahs are incredible big cats. The fastest land animal in the world, cats that don’t have retractable claws. Their spots are stunning, and watching them move is always shocking. Not only was this piece special because it’s of a cheetah, it is also special because during it I fell in love with pastel pencils. I can not wait to see where this medium will take me and my work.
HERE ARE SOME INTERESTING Cheetah FACTS!
- The cheetah is the fastest land animal in the world, reaching speeds of up to 113km/h (70 miles per hour). They can accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in just 3 seconds.
- Adults weigh around 46–158 lb (21–72 kg).
- Cheetahs have between 2,000 and 3,000 spots, which help them to camouflage themselves.
- Their diet is made up primarily of smaller antelopes including springbok, steenbok, Thomson’s gazelle, impalas, and duiker. Cheetahs will also feed on wildebeest calves and, occasionally, smaller animals including rabbits, hares and birds.
- Cheetahs have evolved to live in an environment where water is scarce and can survive on one drink every three to four days.
- Female cheetahs are solitary, living alone or with their young. Males, however, live in small family groups of 2–3 brothers, known as coalitions.
- Cubs typically stay with their mothers for one and a half to two years.
- Cheetahs are classified as vulnerable by the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. With around 10,000–12,000 individuals left in the wild, cheetahs are Africa’s most endangered big cat.
If you like my Cheetah drawing you may also be interested in my tiger fine art print.
Follow my artwork on your favourite social media!
There are no reviews yet.