ELEPHANT MOTHER and calf A6 greeting card
Drawn for mothers day, this beautiful elephant duo makes an excellent greeting card. This elephant mother and calf A6 greeting card makes a beautiful card for anyone who is special to you. I have drawn this with graphite pencils on recycled paper.
Elephants were a highlight of my trip to Africa, and they always seem to be especially delightful for the tourists that visit. Elephants are very gentle creatures in the right environment. They show such a wide variety of emotions and the way they pass knowledge is amazing. Elephants are a wonderful symbol to show someone special just how much you care.
HERE ARE SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT ELEPHANTS!
- Elephants can live to be over 70 years old.
- Elephants have a slow pulse rate of 27. For a canary it is 1000!
- An elephant’s skin is an inch thick.
- Elephants have poor eyesight but an amazing sense of smell.
- They have the longest pregnancy of all the animals. It takes a female 22 months from conception to give birth.
- Elephants prefer one tusk over the other, just as people are either left or right-handed.
- The elephant trunk has more than 40,000 muscles in it.
- They use their feet to listen, they can pick up sub-sonic rumblings made by other elephants, through vibrations in the ground. Elephants are observed listening by putting trunks on the ground and carefully positioning their feet.
- Elephants have a highly developed brain and the largest of all the land mammals. The brain is 3 or 4 times larger than that of humans although smaller as a proportion of body weight.
- The largest elephant on record was an adult male African elephant. It weighed about 24,000 pounds and was 13 feet tall at the shoulder!
You may also be interested in the Elephant mother and calf greeting card. It is available here.
If you would like to follow me on social media, here are my instagram and facebook