French Bulldog fine art print
A neighbour of mine has a french bulldog and it has certainly given me a new appreciation for the breed. I found them totally adorable which is why I decided to draw this french bulldog puppy. I really hope you love this french bulldog fine art print I certainly enjoyed drawing him.
HERE ARE SOME INTERESTING French Bulldog FACTS!
- Built like a small tank, the French bulldog is a mid-sized member of the non-sporting group.
- Unique to the breed is the skull, which is flat between the ears.
- The male and female dog weight is 25-27 lbs.
- The French bulldog is an even-tempered house dog that thrives on attention.
- French bulldogs do not bark a lot.
- A French bulldog is able to be happy in any housing as well as no large garden is required so they are perfect for city life. These dogs do not do well as jogging companions and can easily overheat.
- In the early 1800s, Normandy lace workers from England set off to find work in France. The smaller Bulldogs were kept on the farms as companions and to chase away the rats. In these northern French farming communities, the popularity of this hardy dog grew quickly. Established bulldog breeders in England were happy to perpetuate this “new” breed by selling their undersized dogs to the French.
- In the late 1800s and early 1900s the French bulldog was a dog of high society; also the breed still attracts people who appreciate the finer things in life.
- French Bulldogs live for 9-11 years.
- Colours common to the breed include fawn, white and varieties of brindle.
If you like my French Bulldog Fine Art Print you will also love my Yorky Fine Art Print
Follow my artwork on your favourite social media!