Grizzly Bear Fine Art Print
This grizzly bear fine art print is a reproduction of one of my most challenging drawings to date. I have always been intrigued by grizzly bears, but I also find them rather scary. I had to write a research paper if a grizzly and male lion got into a fight who would win. So I wrote a 5-page paper on each of their weaponry, fighting techniques and stamina so perhaps that has something to do with it. Needless to say, I would hate to see such a fight actually happen. But they are stunning creatures, and I plan on heading out to Alaska to spend some time with them.
Here are some Grizzly Bear Interesting Facts
- Grizzly bears first originated in Europe and Asia, but now can only be found in Canada and America.
- They can Stand as tall as 2.5 m (8 ft) and weighing up to 360 kg (800 lbs.),
- To survive the winter they may intake 40 kg (90 lbs.) of food each day, gaining over 1 kg (2.2 lbs.) of body weight a day.
- Grizzlies will eat anything nutritious they can find, gorging on nuts, fruit, leaves, roots, fungi, insects, and a variety of animals including salmon and other fish, rodents, sheep, and elk. Their diet varies depending on what foods are available for the season.
- During hibernation their heart rate slows down from 40 beats per minute to 8.
- The cubs stay under their mother’s care for 2-3 years.
- They are good swimmers and fast runners, reaching speeds as high as 50 km/h (35 mph) over land.
- Grizzlies have an astute sense of smell, even better than that of a hound dog.
- They are highly intelligent and have excellent memories.
- In the late summer and early fall, grizzlies enter hyperphagia, a period of 2-4 months when they intensify their calorie intake to put on weight for winter denning.
- A grizzly bear’s front claws measure about 2-4 inches in length.
You can read the blog of this drawing here.
Follow my artwork on your favourite social media!
There are no reviews yet.