HARE A6 GREETING CARD
This handsome hare A6 greeting card was drawn quite a few years ago. I actually drew this to test my improvement, and I found I had improved tremendously. This hare drawing is still one of my very favourites. I absolutely love rabbits and hares, I find hares in particular very mystical and enchanting. While I lived in England I was desperate to see them. However, at this time I am yet to see them in the wild. But it remains a dream of mine to search them out. You will no doubt see many hares in the future.
I find the reason I love this hare drawing is that he looks like such a gentleman, It reminds me of peter rabbit. He has this proud excellence about him. Definite;y makes him a handsome greeting card to give to anyone who loves wildlife.
Here are some interesting hare facts!
- They are found all over the world, except Antarctica.
- Hares usually live from 4 to 8 years in the wild. But they can live for as long as twelve years.
- Hares and Rabbits belong to the family Leporidae
- There are 32 species of hare ranging from snowshoe hare that lives in the Arctic to the Tolai Hare that lives in China and southern Asia.
- Hares are born with fur and are larger than rabbits.
- The hare’s elongated ears range from 6.2 to 11.0 cm (2.4 to 4.3 in) from the notch to tip.
- Hares are nocturnal, feeding and travelling most at night, and sleeping during the day.
- These speedy animals are capable of reaching 70 kilometers (43 miles) an hour .
- Hares are quite solitary whereas rabbits are social animals.
- They have powerful hind legs that can propel them on leaps of more than 3 meters (10 feet ) .
- Hares are also excellent swimmers.
You may also be interested in the Hare Drawing Print.
To see more of my art you can follow me on social media!