HARE Greeting card
This handsome hare greeting card was drawn quite a few years ago. I actually drew this to test my improvement, and I found I had improved tremendously. This hare drawing is still one of my very favourites. I absolutely love rabbits and hares, I find hares in particular very mystical and enchanting. While I lived in England I was desperate to see them. However, at this time I am yet to see them in the wild. But it remains a dream of mine to search them out. You will no doubt see many hares in the future.
I find the reason I love this hare drawing is that he looks like such a gentleman, It reminds me of peter rabbit. He has this proud excellence about him. Definite;y makes him a handsome greeting card to give to anyone who loves wildlife.
Here are some interesting hare facts!
- They are found all over the world, except Antarctica.
- Hares usually live from 4 to 8 years in the wild. But they can live for as long as twelve years.
- Hares and Rabbits belong to the family Leporidae
- There are 32 species of hare ranging from snowshoe hare that lives in the Arctic to the Tolai Hare that lives in China and southern Asia.
- Hares are born with fur and are larger than rabbits.
- The hare’s elongated ears range from 6.2 to 11.0 cm (2.4 to 4.3 in) from the notch to tip.
- Hares are nocturnal, feeding and travelling most at night, and sleeping during the day.
- These speedy animals are capable of reaching 70 kilometers (43 miles) an hour .
- Hares are quite solitary whereas rabbits are social animals.
- They have powerful hind legs that can propel them on leaps of more than 3 meters (10 feet ) .
- Hares are also excellent swimmers.
You may also be interested in the Hare Drawing Print.
To see more of my art you can follow me on social media!
There are no reviews yet.