Lovebird Fine Art PRint
I have always had a fondness for birds. Lovebirds are so bright and colourful I had to draw them. To us, it was a fantastic idea! To them, however, not the greatest idea we have had haha! This Lovebird fine art print is bursting with colour and softness. If your looking to add a bit of colour to your walls this is definitely a great option. Bird lovers or lovers, in general, will love this romantic pair. There are many romantic birds who mate for life, but I think lovebirds are the most iconic. To describe everlasting bond lovebirds are the ones to do it.
Here are some fascinating facts about Lovebirds!
- Lovebirds mate for life.
- Monogamy is essential to the social stability of flocks and underlies much of their social behaviour.
- If a mate dies or gets separated from the flock, its companion exhibits erratic behaviour that some have likened to depression.
- Lovebirds are native to the forests and savannas of Sub-Saharan Africa and Madagascar
- Fossils of ancient lovebird species have been unearthed in South Africa, dating to as far back as 1.9 million years ago.
- The nine species classified as lovebirds come all from the genus Agapornis.
- Lovebirds are cavity dwellers they make their home in holes in trees, rocks or shrubs in the wild.
- They are one of the smallest parrot species
- Lovebirds typically live from 10 to 15 years but may reach up to 20 years in captivity.
- Most lovebirds have a varied diet which consists of fruits, vegetables, and seeds. Some lovebirds also eat figs and insects.
Another bird that may interest you is my chickadee fine art print.
Follow me on your favourite social media!
There are no reviews yet.