panda bear Fine art print
My panda bear fine art print features a beautiful moment between a mother and her cub. After looking into it, I learned a fair amount about how tender bear mothers are to their cubs.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT pandas
- All pandas in the world are on loan from China.
- The lifespan of giant pandas in the wild is approximately 20 years. Captive pandas may live to be 25-30 years old.
- Pandas have been a symbol of peace in China. Hundreds of years ago, warring tribes in China would raise a flag with a picture of a panda on it to stop a battle or call a truce.
- Giant pandas are on the brink of extinction, with just over 1,000 pandas left in the world. Scientists are hoping to increase the wild panda population to 5,000 by 2025.
- According to legend, the panda was once an all-white bear, Once a small girl tried to save a panda cub from being attacked by a leopard, the leopard killed the girl instead. Pandas came to her funeral wearing armbands of black ashes. As they wiped their eyes, hugged each other, and covered the ears, they smudged the black ashes.
- Due to a panda’s short legs they cannot stand upright as their bodies are too heavy. A panda’s bones are twice as heavy as the bones of other animals the same size.
- Pandas do not run fast—a slow trot is as fast as they can go. The fastest bear is the black bear, which can run 35 miles per hour. That’s about as a fast as a horse or deer.
- The panda is a symbol of yin and yang. Their gentle nature symbolises the peace and harmony of forces in balance.
- It takes about five years for a female cub to become an adult and up to seven years for a male cub.
You may also be interested in the Panda fine art print.
Follow my artwork on your favourite social media!