SPRING RABBIT A6 Greeting card
My rabbit A6 greeting card is very bright and colourful. If you are looking for an artwork that adds just a bit of cuteness to your home. I really wanted to push the boundaries with this one with flowers and then decided on adding a bee to add interest. I absolutely loved how it turned out, and it has shaped my newer drawings considerably.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT RABBITS
- Rabbits and hares are “lagomorphs”, an order that also includes the pika
- Rabbits are born blind, naked, and remain in a fur-lined nest for the first days of their lives. Hares are born with their eyes open, hair covering their bodies, and they can run within a few minutes of birth (much like a Guinea pig!).
- Jackrabbits can run 45 miles per hour!
- A baby rabbit is known as a kit, a female is called a doe, and a male is a buck. A group of rabbits is a herd.
- Happy rabbits practice a cute behavior known as a “binky:” they jump up in the air and twist and spin around!
- Pet rabbits are able to learn their name and do tricks.
- The average size of a rabbit litter is usually between 4 and 12 babies.
- A rabbit’s lifespan is about 8 years, though spayed/neutered they can live as long as 10-12 years.
- A rabbit’s teeth never stop growing
- Happy rabbits will also “purr,” making a chattering noise with their teeth.
- Rabbits are crepuscular, which means they’re the most active in the early morning and early evening. This makes them good pets for working people.
- Rabbits can jump over 2 ft (0.6 m) high, and possibly up to 4 ft (1.2 m). Rabbits can leap up to 9 ft (2.7 m) horizontally.
You may also be interested in the fine art print.
Follow my artwork on your favourite social media!