RED FOX PUP FINE ART PRINT
I love red foxes and seeing them is always a pleasure. This little red fox pup caught my eye and I just had to draw him!
HERE ARE SOME INTERESTING FACTS!
- A group of them is called a skulk or leash
- They have whiskers on their legs and face, which help them to navigate.
- Grey foxes can retract their claws as cats do.
- A male is called a ‘dog fox’ while a female is called a ‘vixen’
- They are generally solitary animals; unlike wolves, they hunt on their own rather than in packs.
- They dig underground dens where they take care of their kits and hide from predators.
- Their pupils are vertical, similar to a cat, helping them to see well at night.
- The tip of a red’s tail is white, whereas the swift has a black-tipped tail.
- They have excellent hearing. The most common species the red can reportedly hear a watch ticking 37 meters away!
- Like a cat, the fox is most active after the sun goes down.
- There are 37 animals called foxes, only 12 are considered “true foxes”. Some of these include the red, Arctic, fennec, and kit.
- They can see the earth’s magnetic field as a “ring of shadow” on its eyes that darkens as it moves toward magnetic north. When the shadow and the sound of the prey line up, it’s time to pounce.
- The smallest species is called the Fennec Fox it can weigh as little as 3lbs.
- In 2011, researchers opened a grave in a 16,500-year-old Jordan cemetery to find the remains of a man and his pet fox. This was 4000 years before the first-known human and domestic dog was buried together.
You may also be interested in this artwork as a print, Which is available here.
If you would like to follow me on social media, here are my Instagram and Facebook
There are no reviews yet.