TIGER A6 Greeting card
Tigers are infamous for their beauty so much so it almost lead to them becoming extinct. Their numbers have grown rapidly due to stronger conservation efforts. And what better way to celebrate this then to draw a beautiful female tiger. My tiger A6 greeting card is vibrantly coloured, the orange against the green background stands out vividly. If you know any cat lovers this lovely lady will make a wonderful card.
The Bengal tiger is the feature of this tiger fine art print, however, there are several species of tigers. My favourite is the Bengal I love how sleek they are.
HERE ARE SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT TIGERS!
- Tigers can reach a length of up to 3.3 metres (11 feet) and weigh as much as 300 kilograms (660 pounds).
- Subspecies of the tiger include the Sumatran Tiger, Siberian Tiger, Bengal Tiger, South China Tiger, Malayan Tiger and Indochinese Tiger.
- Tiger cubs leave their mother when they are around 2 years of age.
- An ‘ambush’ or ‘streak’ is the term for a group of tigers.
- Tigers are good swimmers and can swim up to 6 kilometres.
- Rare white tigers carry a gene that is only present in around 1 in every 10000 tigers.
- Tigers usually hunt alone at night time.
- They reach speeds up to 65 kph (40 mph).
- Tigers can easily jump over 5 metres in length.
- Less than 10% of hunts end successfully for tigers
- Every tiger in the world is unique – no two tigers have the same pattern of stripes.
- Sadly, three subspecies of tiger have become extinct – Caspian, Bali and Javan.
- Their roar can be heard three kilometres away.
- Tigers have the largest canines of all big cat species ranging in size from 6.4 to 7.6 centimeters.
- The claws of the tiger are up to 10 centimeters (4 in) in length.
If you love this colourful piece you might also love this gorgeous tiger fine art print.
Follow my artwork on your favourite social media!