YOUNG TIGER PAINTING FINE ART PRINT
This tiger painting fine art print was created using pastel pencils. My fine art print is vibrantly coloured, the orange against the dark background stands out vividly. If you know any cat lovers this will make a wonderful gift.
HERE ARE SOME INTERESTING FACTS!
- They can reach a length of up to 3.3 metres (11 feet) and weigh as much as 300 kilograms (660 pounds).
- Subspecies of the tiger include the Sumatran, Siberian, Bengal, South China, Malayan and Indochinese Tiger.
- The cubs leave their mother when they are around 2 years of age.
- Cubs start learning to hunt at six months of age.
- An ‘ambush’ or ‘streak’ is the term for a group of tigers.
- They are good swimmers and can swim up to 6 kilometres.
- Rare white tigers carry a gene that is only present in around 1 in every 10000.
- Like most cats, they usually hunt alone at night time.
- They reach speeds up to 65 kph (40 mph) and can easily jump over 5 metres in length.
- Less than 10% of hunts end successfully.
- Every tiger in the world is unique – no two have the same pattern of stripes.
- Sadly, three subspecies of tiger have become extinct – Caspian, Bali and Javan.
- Their roar can be heard three kilometres away.
- They have the largest canines of all big cat species ranging in size from 6.4 to 7.6 centimetres.
- The claws of the tiger are up to 10 centimetres (4 in) in length.
- Their skin has stripes as well as their fur.
- They mainly feed on large mammals such as deer, wild pigs, antelope and buffalo.
- At full speed, they can reach up to 65km/h.
If you love this colourful piece you might also love this.
Follow my artwork on your favourite social media!
There are no reviews yet.