Tiger Square Greeting Card
This tiger painting greeting card original artwork was created using pastel pencils. I had envisioned a series of paintings that show the intensity of animal eyes. I decided this would start with big cats.
HERE ARE SOME INTERESTING FACTS!
- Tigers can reach a length of up to 3.3 metres (11 feet) and weigh as much as 300 kilograms (660 pounds).
- Subspecies of the tiger include the Sumatran, Siberian, Bengal, South China, Malayan and Indochinese.
- The cubs leave their mother when they are around 2 years of age.
- An ‘ambush’ or ‘streak’ is the term for a group of tigers.
- They are good swimmers and can swim up to 6 kilometres.
- Rare white tigers carry a gene that is only present in around 1 in every 10000.
- They usually hunt alone at night time.
- They reach speeds up to 65 kph (40 mph). and jump over 5 metres in length.
- Less than 10% of hunts end successfully.
- Every tiger in the world is unique – no two cats have the same pattern of stripes.
- Sadly, three subspecies of tiger have become extinct – Caspian, Bali and Javan.
- Their roar can be heard three kilometres away.
- They have the largest canines of all big cat species ranging in size from 6.4 to 7.6 centimetres.
- The claws are up to 10 centimetres (4 in) in length.
- Their skin is striped not just their fur.
You may also be interested in this artwork as a print, Which is available here.
If you would like to follow me on social media, here are my Instagram and Facebook